Monday, May 30, 2005

Karama Karma

Karama C. Neal the creator of So what can I do?, which was highlighted in post here a few days ago has started another great blog, Open Letters. Karama has pledged to write one letter of concern each week.

"It's a small act that each of us can do enact positive social change, hold our elected officials and media accountable and claim person agency. I'll publish some of my letters here, along with the sources of information and other details I use to write them. I hope that you will use the information provided to write your own letters of concern."

I take the time to send my own letters to public officials every couple of months, I don't know how Karama (In case your wondering about her name I found this in a DUNE glossery, "KARAMA: a miracle; an action initiated by the spirit world.", not sure if it is at all related, bit it seems to fit.) , who is a Ph.D. in Genetics and Molcular Biology, finds the time to write these letters once a week and publish daily at SWCID? I know I will be visiting both sites regularly to see what I can do.

1 comment:

Karama said...

I am so pleased that you like the sites, Richard. I hope the posts on "So what can I do" and "Open letters for change" will encourage you and your readers to take actions that will improve our world. We all can do it!

Thanks so much for spreading the word!

BTW, 'karama' is Swahili for 'gift from God and Arabic for 'dignity.' My mother did well. :)