Friday, April 15, 2005

The Trixie Update

This site is about human babies. Specifically one named Trixie MacNeill. These pages contain tons of data regarding the sleep patterns, feeding schedules and diaper habits of a newborn baby. They also have a Trixie Picture of the Day for those who don't like to think about human babies in exclusively clinical terms. The site authors name is Ben MacNeill. He's Trixie's stay at home dad. He started this blog a few weeks after she was born, which was July 31st, 2003. They kept track of her diapers for a couple of days to make sure she was drinking enough. The enormous number she went through was shocking and he continued collecting diaper data on little scraps of paper. He later built a web application that automated the process and displayed the results on the site.

(I sent this site out to my old Funsite regulars a long time back, before Pedantic Pundit, it really belongs here.)

1 comment:

LisaPal said...

I did that kind of obsessive stuff when Alex was born, much to the amusement of and often the annoyance of the veteran mothers in my world who helped me care for him after I went back to work. (Because I made them keep track, too.) And I logged EVERYTHING, including when he ate, how much he consumed, when and how long he slept, bowl movement details, etc. But it helped me to understand things like why he was really cranky when I got home.. "oh, he didn't take an afternoon nap..." etc. This only lasted a couple of months, though. I guess I needed a little time to hone my mothering intuition and some confidence in it.

Oh, BTW, I don't have your e-mail address, so e-mail me from the mail link on Audible Vision ("contact the webmistress") with some subject heading that will clearly distinguish you from the tons of spam I get so I can e-mail you the "secret link" to my client's CD.

And if you still have your New Orleans readers, maybe they'd appreciate the music, too , so...for "all a y'all," here's a link to Kirk Joseph's site. He's playing at The Maple Leaf tonight and I am putting some song clips on the site right now, most of which are a generous 2+ minuites long.